Fall is in full swing now. The leaves are changing, fall holidays are coming up quickly, and the weather…well, the weather isn’t quite cooperating, but we’ll just focus on the pumpkin lattes and Halloween decorations for now! I can’t wait for it to cool down more, though. I’m impatiently waiting to break out the scarves and oversized sweaters. But while I’m waiting for the right weather for fall clothes, I’m breaking out the fall makeup in its entirety, including unique eyeliner colors and bronzy eyeshadows. Another important part of fall makeup is the lip, which, during fall, you can make understated or dark and moody. I think the fall lip may be my favorite look. So, in celebration of the wonderful colors that make up the fall lip look, I’m going to share my personal favorites with you all. As usual, I have budget-friendly picks, but I also have two items that are a little pricier, but worth the splurge. And of course, these fall colors will look amazing on gingers as well!
- BareMinerals Marvelous Moxie lipgloss in “Trail Blazer” $18
The Marvelous Moxie lip glosses from BareMinerals are absolutely marvelous. With just a couple of coats, you get incredible shine and glossiness. This particular shade is a nude color with hints of gold sparkle. It’s perfect for dressing up your makeup look just a bit or pairing with dramatic eye makeup. You can get this on its own or in the BareMinerals Work, Weekend, Wow lip trio “Nude.”
- Butter London Bloody Brilliant Lip Crayon in “Teddy Boy” $20: I picked this up as a steal for $10 at Ulta last month. It’s is in a category all its own. It’s not a gloss, but it has incredible shine and its very creamy like a lipstick. The color payoff is amazing and the consistency…well, you’ll just have to experience it for yourself! You can see in the picture how much shine it has though. This color is in the middle of the road between dramatic and understated once its on your lips.
- NYX lipstick in “Violet Ray” $4: A somewhat vampy, dark purple, this color is an iconic fall shade. In the picture, I put a couple swipes on, but it looks much darker on my lips. It may not be best for everyday wear, but perfect instead for when you’re feeling a bit daring or dramatic.
- e.l.f. moisturizing lipstick in “Marsala Blush” $3: An understated berry tone lipstick that I feel is classic ’90s. Marsala is this year’s color and I can see why its also this season’s color. As usual, e.l.f.’s moisturizing lipsticks are the best for having both a great color payoff and moisturizing ability.
- Makeup Revolution Salvation Intense Lip Lacquer in “Like That Love” $5: This gloss has the most pigmentation I’ve seen in a gloss in awhile. In the bottle, it looks slightly more pink, but once it’s on your lips, it looks like a medium orangey-red. Not very orangey though. It is a hard color to describe, but easy to wear. It is also slightly matte once dry, which seems odd given that it’s a gloss, but again, the pigmentation is fantastic. It’s truly a unique product.
What are your favorite lip colors? Comment below! Don’t forget to find me on social media. Links are in the sidebar. 🙂